Edición limitada en vinilo de 180 gramos con carpeta desplegable de “‘Round About Midnight”, álbum de estudio publicado originalmente en 1957 por el trompetista y compositor norteamericano de jazz Miles Davis. Publicado en 2020 por el sello Jazz Images, incluye dos temas extra y cuenta con la participación de John Coltrane (saxo tenor), Red Garland (piano), Paul Chambers (bajo) y Philly Joe Jones (batería).
Miles Davis’ quintet was formed in 1955 and is widely regarded as one of the greatest combos in jazz history. Each of its members were individual creative forces that could have easily been leaders.
“Philly Joe and Red Garland were the same age,” explained Miles in his autobiography, “about three years older than I was. Coltrane and I were born in the same year, with me being a little older. Paul Chambers was the baby in the group, being only twenty, but he was playing like he had been around forever. And so was Red; he was giving me that Ahmad Jamal light touch, and a little bit of Erroll Garner, along with his own shit up in all of that.
- 1. ‘Round Midnight (Thelonious Monk) 5:55
- 2. Ah-Leu-Cha (Charlie Parker) 5:50
- 3. All of You (Cole Porter) 7:29
- 4. Sweet Sue, Just You (Victor Young-Will J. Harris) 3:39*
- 5. Bye, Bye, Blackbird (Dixon-Henderson) 7:54
- 6. Tadd’s Delight (Tadd Dameron) 4:26
- 7. Dear Old Stockholm (Traditional. Arr. Stan Getz) 7:48
- 8. Budo (Bud Powell-Miles Davis) 4:17*
No hay valoraciones aún.